International Strategy Office
The International Strategy Office is responsible for
- the programmatic concentration, coordination and implementation of all central international initiatives pursued by the Presidential Committee.
- the realisation of international projects developed in the university’s Institutional Strategy (particularly the development of the KOSMOS Summer University as an international and effective instrument for world-class research).
- the identification and development of important international profile partnerships.
- Initiating diverse international cooperation at both central and local level and supporting internationalisation as a cross-sectional task of the university.
Furthermore, the International Strategy Office supports the President's Office in enhancing internationalization as a cross-cutting theme throughout the Humboldt-Universität.
Since 2012, the International Strategy Office has been developing a vast number of instruments to promote internationalisation at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. For more information, please click on the links:
- The KOSMOS Programme has been designed to intensify partnerships between Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and renowned international scientific institutions. It supports joint workshops, KOSMOS dialogues and the internationally visible KOSMOS Summer University.
- In 2014, the "Central European Network for Teaching and Research in Academic Liaison (CENTRAL)" was founded at the initiative of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. Besides HU, the members of the network include the University of Vienna, the University of Warsaw, the Charles University in Prague and the ELTE in Budapest.
- The Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin maintains profile partnerships with the National University of Singapore and Princeton University. Within these extensive relationships both partners enhance their relevant institutional links at research, academic and governance level and award grants for establishing long-term strategic cooperation projects.
- The "Humboldt Talent Travel Awards" enable international research alumni of HU to return to Berlin together with junior researchers for a short stay.
- The Strategic Initiative Funding of internationally oriented individual initiatives allows Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin to accentuate and strengthen cooperation with strategically relevant (profile) partner universities beyond individual contacts and projects.
- The "Humboldt Ferngespräche" lectures organised by Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin have been providing fresh impetus for current trends in the internationalisation of universities and a platform for networking and exchanging ideas within Berlin’s academic community since October 2013.
- To facilitate the entry of international scientists to the professional environment in Germany and to ensure the university becomes an even more attractive place to work, HU has opened its International Scholar Services.
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Unter den Linden 6
Fax: +49 30 2093-20085
Head of International Strategy Office
Phone: +49 30 2093-20080
Dr. Claudia Roth-Alpermann
Strategy Officer Sciences and Life Sciences
Phone: +49 30 2093-20082
Dr. David Glowsky
Strategy Officer Humanities and Social Sciences
Head of International Scholar Services project
Phone: +49 30 2093-20081
Strategic Initiative Funding / Strategic Network CENTRAL - Substitute for Mrs. Schmidt-Memmler
Phone: +49 030 2093-20084
Strategy Officer Central International Initiatives
Phone: +49 030 2093-20092
Strategy Officer Central International Initiatives / Profile Partnerships
Phone: +49 030 2093-20088
Strategy Officer KOSMOS Programme
Phone: +49 30 2093-20083
International Scholar Services
Head of International Scholar Services
Phone: +49 30 2093-20094
Phone: +49 30 2093-20096
Phone: +49 30 2093-20097
Currently on Parental Leave