The Centres are to conduct interdisciplinary project work in teaching, research, the promotion of young academics and in the field of continuing education for academic staff. They are established according to the resolution passed by the University Senate on 17.02.2004.
- August Boeckh Antiquity Center
- CASE - Center for Applied Statistics and Economics
- Center for Infection Biology and Immunity
- Center of Computational Sciences Adlershof (CCSA)
- Georg-Simmel-Centre for Metropolitan Studies
- Humboldt Center for Modern Optics
- Interdisciplinary Centre for Educational Research