Direkt zum InhaltDirekt zur SucheDirekt zur Navigation
▼ Zielgruppen ▼

Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin

Tips for Beginners

Term Time of the Summer Semester 2019: 8 April to 13 July

What orientation sessions are offered? 

Please find orientation sessions offered on the Student portal or check the website of your faculty, department or institute.

  • "Wie beginne ich mein Studium?"

Mo, 1 April, 10.00-11.00 a.m., HU Main building, Unter den Linden 6, Senatssaal

  • Studienorganisation zum Sommersemester (für Neuimmatrikulierte)

Mo, 1 April, 11.15-12.30 a.m., HU Main building, Unter den Linden 6, Senatssaal

Thu, 3 April, 1-2.30 p.m., Campus-Nord, Emil Fischer-Hörsaal, Hessische Straße 1-2

Note: If there is no course-related orientation session offered or you missed it, you could approach your Course Advisors (see below).

What information materials do I need?

  • Study and exam regulations for your study programme (Studien- und Prüfungsordnungen) with module descriptions, the course curriculum and other details, available from the websites of faculties, departments or institutes. Those already published in the Amtliches Mitteilungsblatt der Humboldt-Universität can be downloaded from www.amb.hu-berlin.de.

Who can help me?

The Course Advisors (Studienfachberatung) can help in matters related to a particular course as well as with planning lectures and classes in the first semester.  Addresses, telephone numbers and office hours can be found also in the relevant websites and course catalogues of the faculties, departments and institutes.

Advice of fellow students (studentische Studienfachberatung) can be helpful as well. Most faculties, departments and institutes offer subject-related peer counselling, or the Fachschaft (student representation) will help you.

Computer and Media Service of Humboldt-Universität: HU account, Campus Card, course catalogue, HU mail, computer labs, WLAN, eLearning (Moodle), exam registration, see Agnes - Studium und Lehre online as well as information of Immatrikulationsbüro

The Service for teacher training students of the Professional School of Education (PSE) offers advice on specific questions of teacher training.

The Career Center provides counselling on practice-related courses.

If support is needed because of disability or chronical illness, advice will be given by the  Disability Advisory Service .

Tips and support for parent students (child care) can be found at hu.berlin/familienbuero.

For social counselling the contact is www.refrat.de/beratung.html.

If attendance of language courses is sought the Language Centre offers plenty of courses at www.sprachenzentrum.hu-berlin.de/en/, and if you wish to register with the University Library, just click at www.ub.hu-berlin.de/en. If you want to make music in the company of other students, you will be helped at hu.berlin/musik, and if you want to go in for sports, www.zeh.hu-berlin.de/ is a useful link.


Version: 13 February, 2019