Direkt zum InhaltDirekt zur SucheDirekt zur Navigation
▼ Zielgruppen ▼

Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin

Spandauer Straße 1

The Faculty of Economics and Business Administration building was constructed in 1905-06 as a commercial college and was later used by the Nazis as a Gau Chamber of Commerce. Humboldt-Universität’s economists and business administration specialists have been based there since 1951. The courses place great emphasis on the close links between economics and business administration.

Spandauer Straße 1
Figure: Martin Ibold

The Faculty’s most distinctive feature is the ‘Heilig-Geist-Kapelle’ (Chapel of the Holy Spirit), built in around 1300 and incorporated into the structure as a lecture hall. As the oldest building in Berlin’s historical city centre to be preserved in its entirety, the chapel represents an exceptional architectural and art historical relic of medieval Berlin. It is regularly used as an event venue.

Facility

Adress

Spandauer Straße 1
10178 Berlin