Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin

Enrolment and registration


For courses with restricted admission (please refer to the current Course catalogue ), please register on the Online portal within the deadlines.

If your application was successful, you can find the deadlines and forms for enrolment in your status query.

Enrolment/registration at different universities

  • When the main subject of your Bachelor programme is located at the FU Berlin/TU Berlin/UdK and the secondary subject will take place at the HU Berlin
  • When your programme (i.e. Master of Arts Internationale Beziehungen/International Relations) will take place at different universities, but your main university is not the HU Berlin
Required documentation
  • Application for enrolment [PDF]
  • Certificate of enrolment of your main university
  • Simple copy of your official admission letter (i.e. for the Master programme Internationale Beziehungen/International Relations) or the assignment for the secondary subject ("Zweitfachzuweisung") at the HU Berlin (Bachelor and/or Master of Education only)
  • Simple copy of your university entrance certificate
  • Simple copy of your last university degree including a transcript (in German or English)
  • Simple copies of additional university degrees including a transcript (in German or English)

Doctoral examination process

see Enrolment for doctoral examination process

Information according to EU-DSGVO


When contacting facilities of the study department, personal data are partly collected and processed. The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU-DSGVO) and in accordance with the Berlin Data Protection Act (BlnDSG). Further information on this, your rights and options can be found at