Direkt zum InhaltDirekt zur SucheDirekt zur Navigation
▼ Zielgruppen ▼

Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin

Burgstraße 26

This five-storey corner building on Burgstraße near Museum Island was built between 1910 and 1912 as an office building opposite what was then the Berlin Stock Exchange. It is now a listed historical monument. It came into the university’s possession after the Second World War, but was only first put to use in 1950 – and has been home to the Faculty of Theology since 2001. Renovation work was completed on the building in 2007. The facades regained their historical appearance and thanks to modern glazing and arches, once again evoke the original trading floors.

Burgstraße 26
Figure: Bernd Prusowski

As part of the renovation work, a new modern structure, the branch library with an open, glass-covered atrium, was added to the historical building. It provides the ideal conditions for students to tackle the subject areas of ecclesiastical history, the Old and New Testaments, systematic and practical theology, ecclesiastical art and Christian archaeology.

Facilities

Adress

Burgstraße 26
10178 Berlin