Direkt zum InhaltDirekt zur SucheDirekt zur Navigation
▼ Zielgruppen ▼

Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin

Dorotheenstraße 26

This building with a Baroque-style sandstone facade was built in 1903-04 to serve as Berlin’s Chamber of Commerce. The five-axis main facade on Dorotheenstraße, slightly higher thanks to the hall on the third floor, was crowned with larger-than-life-size recumbent figures on the balcony of the lavish central portal. The building has been used by the university since 1946 and was renovated in 1950.

Dorotheenstraße 26
Figure: Maria Friedrich

Today it is home to the Department of Library and Information Science (IBI) at Dorotheenstraße 26. The IBI is the only university department in the German-speaking world to offer studies, doctoral and professorial teaching qualification courses in the field of Library and Information Science.

Facility

Department of Library and Information Science

Adress

Dorotheenstraße 26
10117 Berlin