Direkt zum InhaltDirekt zur SucheDirekt zur Navigation
▼ Zielgruppen ▼

Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin

Geschwister-Scholl-Straße 7

This complex of buildings on Geschwister-Scholl-Straße, known as ‘Friedrich-Engels-Kaserne’ until 1989, was built between 1898 and 1901 as barracks for the Emperor Alexander Guards-Grenadiers. Following heavy bomb damage, the section on the western side of the street was rebuilt in simpler form in 1950 and then extensively renovated after German reunification.

Geschwister-Scholl-Straße 7
Figure: Martin Ibold

Today, the building houses the Department of Education Studies, the Elementary School Workshop and the Continuing Education Programme Archive. The inner courtyard is home to the gym on Am Weidendamm, regularly used for University sports and recreation.

Facility

Department of Education Studies

Adress

Geschwister-Scholl-Straße 7
10117 Berlin