Direkt zum InhaltDirekt zur SucheDirekt zur Navigation
▼ Zielgruppen ▼

Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin

Georgenstraße 36

The Department of Rehabilitation Sciences is located between the International Trade Centre and the main university building, opposite the commuter railway.

It was founded in 1994, building on many years of tradition. 1908 saw the creation of Charité’s outpatient clinic for the vocally and speech-impaired, the Berlin-Brandenburg Therapeutic Pedagogy Seminar began cooperating with Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität in 1925, and Humboldt-Universität’s Department of Special Education was founded in 1951.

Georgenstraße 36
Figure: Maria Friedrich

After taking over the Freie Universität’s Special Education section, the department became responsible for special education teacher training for all of Berlin. The restructuring was linked to the need to further develop and teach an interdisciplinary, overall concept of rehabilitation as a bridge between education and medicine throughout the entire life span.

Facility

Department of Rehabilitation Sciences

Adress

Georgenstraße 36
10117 Berlin